23 November 2009
Sweeping the News
After he got done sweeping, today was Wild Man’s first bath. It was clearly the greatest indignity he had ever suffered, and he looked at me like I was a lime green space alien for immersing him in a big tub of water and pouring it all over him till he was down to the size of a dill pickle. Then the water agitation began. His, not mine. It was like being inside a Laundromat-sized washing machine on high test. Like, 18 quarters. Did I need that extra shower today? Apparently I did. Did I need a second baptism, Southern Pentecostal style? Apparently I did. My clothes will dry in about a week. So will the seven towels. The ceiling, window, and walls may take a little longer.
Hobie. Is. Not. A. Water. Dog. Rinse and repeat. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A River to Skate Away On
When you wake up to 5 degrees that feels like -1, your thoughts naturally turn to being outdoors. OK, I love cold a lot more than your ave...
-
This is the first in what may become a series of posts called Requiems, about people I have lost. Cheryl It was winter 1985, and my m...
-
After the last post, I found I needed a bit of reassurance that books aren't really going away. A few dozen Googles later, I see growing...
-
When you wake up to 5 degrees that feels like -1, your thoughts naturally turn to being outdoors. OK, I love cold a lot more than your ave...
No comments:
Post a Comment