21 November 2009

Welcome home, Hobie!


Thanksgiving came a bit early this year. This afternoon I adopted a new family member. He's a 7-week-old border collie--an October baby, just like me (and a Libra). His name is Hobie. So far, he's only herded me about 3 times. His favorite toy is his big brown moose, which

is almost his size (about 5 lbs.). He came from a litter of 9 of the cutest puppies you'd
ever want to see, all freckle-nosed and beautifully marked. The underside of his white-tipped tail is outlined in brown and he has some brown fur around his ears. I've wanted a B&W border collie for many years--since I saw the one in Babe. He'll probably grow up to look a lot like her. Right now, he's resting comfortably at my heels as I type. We're hoping to get some sleep tonight--aren't we, boy?

No comments:

A River to Skate Away On

When you wake up to 5 degrees that feels like -1, your thoughts naturally turn to being outdoors. OK, I love cold a lot more than your ave...